Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Simplicity riding mower seat interlock?

On 3/5/2011 6:24 PM, Joe J wrote:
Just bought a different house and included with the offer to purchase
was the Simplicity riding mower. Closed this week and discovered that he
left the battery and a half a tank of gas in the mower. That would mean
its been sitting in the freezing WI winter since about mid October. The
battery is shot and won't take a charge. Anyway, brought my old battery
from home, got it running and just wanted to run the old gas out.
The seat interlock isn't working. So even with the parking brake on and
no blade turning, I can't get off the seat w/o the mower dying.
Anyone know how that interlock works and if I can fix it? It must be
some kind of mechanical relay but I can't find anything under the seat.
It flips forward for battery access but I don't see anything else under
there.
Any guesses appreciated.

I just want to run the old gas out and deal with it in spring, but I
don't want to park my ass on it for 3 hours in 30 degree weather,
running the mower out of gas.
WI spring is at least 6 weeks away
Thanks,
Joe

personally, i'd bypass such a thing before i spent even 2 seconds on it.
But having said that, i'd just unbolt the dam gas tank, dump the ****
out and put it back on. If you insist upon leaving it dry. (not
recommended).

_I_ would FILL the tank, add stabil, run for 10 minutes and forget it.
The **** won't go bad over the winter anyway even without the stabil.

--
Steve Barker