Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Safety Deposit Box (at a bank)

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 09:17:21 -0600, Tom Cantwell wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote in
om:

In article ,
HerHusband wrote:

Also, if you have a complete drive failure and need to rebuild, you
wouldn't be able to access the net to restore your backup. With a
local image backup on an external drive I can restore quickly and
easily.

FWIW I clone the entire computer to a HD (so I can boot from the
other
HD if needed) and use off-line for specific stuff like my photos, my

===
snip

What software and hardware would you recommend for cloneing (cloning?)
the computer hard drive? I use Windows XP on a desktop. I do back up
files occasionally on a USB external hard drive, but have never made a
bootable clone.

I used Partition Magic because it would do a lot more, but others have had
good luck with Ghost.