Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Moving

On Mar 4, 3:11*pm, Jon Elson wrote:
On 03/03/2011 08:04 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

I moved 18 years ago and it was only a three mile move. The number one
thing I learned is its too much work to move.

Yeah, I HEAR you! *That move was a real ordeal, I also moved somewhere
about that same distance. *Now, I have SO MUCH more big, heavy stuff, it
is just out of the question.

Jon

In my opinion, one can own too big a lathe or too big of a mill and I
have tried to hold the line on what has come in my shops because
sooner or later..we all move.

There are many wonderful old machine tools out there but there is a
good reason why big iron sells cheap.

TMT