Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Moving

On Mar 3, 8:45*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Karl Townsend wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:11:16 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

On 03/02/2011 08:30 PM, Ignoramus13991 wrote:
I will be moving to a new house in the next two months. So many
projects will be on hold, I will have to pack the stuff, disassemble
machines etc.

Ohhh, NOOoooooo! *Moving to my present house was a HUGE ordeal, and it
took YEARS to find all the missing stuff. *I found an expensive pump
pliers (sim. to channel-lock) in a box of pillows, years later!

It took well over 10 years to recover, but on the other hand, I REALLY
needed the space. *It was also wonderful to have a basement that stayed dry!

Jon

EXACTLY

I moved 18 years ago and it was only a three mile move. The number one
thing I learned is its too much work to move.

Karl

Eh, you whusses. I moved 1,700 miles and had no problems. My shop was up
and running in short order, stuff unpacked in an orderly fashion based
on my detailed inventory of what was packed where, and I was fully
online with two phone lines and cable modem a day before the semi
arrived. Piece of cake, you just have to be organized - Hide quoted text -

There is a lot of truth to the "organized" part of your comments. The
more tools I had, the more organized I got. When the moves happen..and
we all move sometime..and some of us many times...just having all the
right tools in the right box makes a world of difference.

TMT