Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default amp new PSU capacitors

On Mar 5, 7:05*pm, Adrian C wrote:
On 03/03/2011 23:33, sm_jamieson wrote:

My approx 9 year old AV amp started buzzing / humming sounds like
100Hz, slowly got louder until drowning out the music ! PSU caps I
should think. They are labeled "kenwood for audio".
I've got the bigs caps out,

Is there the same racket coming out of the tape monitor output?

Good point. i.e. without the power output stages. Didn't think to
check that.
Well, I'm going to put trailing leads in the PCB where the caps were
and put the thing back together.
Then I can experiment to check it is the caps. Then I'll leave any new
caps on the
end of short trailing leads and wedge them in place somehow.
I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Simon.