Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Safety Deposit Box (at a bank)

In article ,
"Robert Green" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

stuff snipped

everything goes all fershugina, the zip drive for minor melt downs on
current projects, and the off-site in case of fire, flood, earthquake or
pestilence. I am a belt and suspenders kind of guy (grin).

Since Google shows only 13 hits for "fershugina" and at least four of them
are yours, I have to conclude that it's not a real word. I've been
searching through the Yiddish dictionary for a while now with no hits:

It was something I picked up from Mad Magazine WAYYYYY back in the
day. They had various kinda-sorta-but-not-quite Yiddish words that they
would use. IIRC (and I can't find my copy of Ridiculously Expensive Mad
right off to confirm) I first saw it in a Wallace Wood take-off called
BatBoy and Rubin. I probably fractured even their spelling over the
years. I liked the sound and thought it went well with what was trying
to be communicated (grin).

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke