Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default $25,990

Ignoramus20691 wrote:

I am thinking about my rotary table. It is a 12" rotary table with
full 4th axis control (G code, not M code). The only thing that it
lacks is a brake (and it is slow).

A comparable table costs $25,990.

http://vse.ats-s.com/SmartCatalogPor...D=Q6UJ9A00LTIA

The troyke table was $149 plus $150 for resolver converter. I also
bought an encoder card from Jon, but its cost allocation is shared
between the rotary table and the motor on the knee, so I would say
$100.

$100 + $149 + $150 = $399.

Add to this at least 50 hours of my time, which I am not sure how to
value.

Value your time at the the income you could have generated using that
time for a side job (it cost you this amount), or if you could not have
used the time to generate income it has no monetary value. If the time
you spent working on the project was enjoyable, value that time at a
negative dollar amount equivalent to what you would pay for
entertainment out such as movies or sports (it saved you this amount).