Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Safety Deposit Box (at a bank)

In article ,
HerHusband wrote:

Also, if you have a complete drive failure and need to rebuild, you
wouldn't be able to access the net to restore your backup. With a local
image backup on an external drive I can restore quickly and easily.

FWIW I clone the entire computer to a HD (so I can boot from the other
HD if needed) and use off-line for specific stuff like my photos, my
business files, etc. I also have a zip drive for specific biz files (I
am a writer so I tend to save articles to the zip file when I am done
writing on them for that session). That way I have the clone if
everything goes all fershugina, the zip drive for minor melt downs on
current projects, and the off-site in case of fire, flood, earthquake or
pestilence. I am a belt and suspenders kind of guy (grin).

--
"Even I realized that money was to politicians what the ecalyptus tree is to koala bears: food, water, shelter and something to crap on."
---PJ O'Rourke