Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:19:53 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 21:00:07 -0600, Markem
wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 15:01:34 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 22:30:24 +0000 (UTC),
(Larry W) wrote:

In article ,
Just Wondering wrote:
...snipped...
Nothing. But there is something wrong about paying public service
workers $80,000 a year for work that the private sector only pays
$50,000 for.

I can cite many examples that go the opposite way. Would you say that there
is something wrong in those cases also?

Not necessarily. Where's your patriotism, man? Public service isn't
supposed to be a way to get rich. It's a way to serve your country,
damnit.

Think about the fact that public employee unions contribute heavily to
democratic candidates, now if they are fighting in the courts less
money is available to spend in the political arena.

Now why would a republican want to get rid of the unions?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT! Oops, you jumped from patriotism to bile without
answering the question, Mark. Which union are you in? tsk, tsk, tsk

To answer your question, see the paragraph above beginning with "Not
necessarily."

No bile at all just an observation, as far patriotism I think four
years being willing to be part of the butchers bill fits.

No union affiliation here, my father was in the Pattern Makers League
though.

Look beyond the BS.

Not a registered for any politcal party either.

Mark