Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tax (was Ron Hickman dies)

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

Have you ever seen anyone in the months or years before they actually
die of alcoholism? It's not a pretty sight.

Better or worse than fading away in a care home?

You prefer the 'die young' approach?

Having spent seven years visiting the M-i-L in a care home, I can only
say "**** that". One-way to Geneva before that.

Same here with my mother. But she managed to enjoy life until her late
'80s before Alzheimer's took over. Then, of course, only she knew if life
was still worth living in that little world of her own.

I'd guess you're quite young yourself. ;-)

Depends what you count 40 as.

Still young these days. Plenty enjoy life at twice that age - if they keep
reasonably healthy. Which you can be reasonably sure an alcoholic won't be
since abuse of that damages near every organ in the body.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.