Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default amp new PSU capacitors

On Mar 4, 10:32*am, tony sayer wrote:
Easily tested by temporarily connecting something of adequate volatge
rating across it.

The way the circuit boards are layed out with various daughter boards,
ribbon cables etc,
its very hard to have the circuit working and out of the case. I would
really have to change
the caps and put the whole thing back together to test it.
Simon.

Extend the leads from the replacement cap to the one inside the case for
test?..
--
Tony Sayer

I thought about something like that.
I'll probably solder in some type of connector so I can replace the
capacitors
easily from the front of the board. Then I can stick the existing one
back in temporarily and see if a small cheapy cap in parallel reduces
the hum
Simon.