Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 06:29:11 -0600, basilisk wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 22:32:27 -0600, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 02:43:09 GMT,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Larry Jaques wrote:

I hear that. But most states require at least a basic handgun safety
course before they'll issue licenses.

FWIW, not here in Indiana, and I imagine that any attempt to require it might
be found in violation of the state constitution: "The people shall have the
right to keep and bear arms, for the defense of themselves and of the state."

Not in Vermont (there is no "license"), nor in Alabama (CCW permit required
for CCW only). What is this "license" thing?

Yep, AL is open carry with no permit or license,
one point I"ll add is that open or concealed, you
have to have a permit if it is in a vehicle.

basilisk

Loaded where the operator can access it. Otherwise, weapons can be
transported. My understanding is that open carry is never allowed
(brandishing).