Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

On Mar 3, 3:27*pm, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 13:42:13 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 22:19:26 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Yeah, I've used the impactor exclusively for hanging cabinets. MUCH
better tool, much quicker job. 1/4" hex heads are king there, with a
1/4" hex to 1/4" square adaptor and magnetic bit.

I've never heard this term "impactor" before this thread - but I do lead a
sheltered life... *To me, it's always been an impact gun. *Is this a new
term that the industry is introducing?

Yes. Air impact guns are used in the automotive industry while Bosch
termed their battery powered guns Impactors. They use rotary hammers
and 1/4" hex drives.

Hummmm
In the automotive profession for about 23 years, never heard of an impact
gun, ??? *aways refered to as an impact wrench and or air ratchets.

Ratchets aren't impact tools, Leon. *And the particular term
"impactor" didn't come about until Bosch coined it for their product,
I don't believe. *Other references to the term were astronomical and
the auto industry used "impact", "impact wrench", or "zip gun."

--
The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.

Zip gun?? Really? That has a whole different meaning in my collection
of "LATEST CRIME STORIES"