Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Improving roof void insulation

On Mar 3, 7:38 pm, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:
F wrote:
Our single story living room extension is in serious need of a roof void
insulation upgrade. There's no access from below so I plan to take some
tiles off and roll out some glass wool.

Please use celotex/kingspan.

Not necessarily no - as we know *nothing* about the construction or
size/shape..

In any case in such a "no access to" space a good thickness of
"special offer" glass wool will probably be a damn sight easier to
obtain, transport and fit successfully than any board/sheet
material....it may even be cheaper too but ICBA to find the
comparitive figures....

Is there a 'preferred' felt with which I should 'repair' the roof after
I've finished?

anything modern (i.e. plastic) will outlast anything
"traditional" (e.g. sarking felt) - I'd generously overlap the old
gear to minimise leak risks....

Jim K