Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trailers etc.

George wrote:
Hi There,

I have been making trailers for myself for years of various sizes and
purposes and I am sure I could do it for reward. I have made from
tiny to quite huge. Has anyone had the experience of what would sell
easily and at a profit?

I was thinking of a simple box trailer with indespension units and
wheels, or, a bigger one with Ford back axel and drum brakes, there
are a lot about, with an mild steel angle frame and either plank or
ply base and sides. I can weld it all up and do one a week if I keep
it simple. Fill with other junk to sell and take it to our Car Boot
sale every week.

My time is not worth much and I have a good workshop and room. Do
trailer have MOTs?

Is there anything else I can fabricate to keep the wolf from the door?

Yes. Can you twist mild steel bars (rebar?) into fancy shapes? My wife
wants 'obelisks;' to grow creepers up..4 or 6 poles in a sort of teepee
arrangement with spacer hoops to keep em stable, and some sort of
decorative crap on top to finish it all off.

they sell for HUNDREDS in the ditz shops

Thanks, George.

Any comments would be appreciated.