Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Trailers etc.

On 03/03/2011 17:12, George wrote:
Hi There,

I have been making trailers for myself for years of various sizes and
purposes and I am sure I could do it for reward. I have made from
tiny to quite huge. Has anyone had the experience of what would sell
easily and at a profit?

I was thinking of a simple box trailer with indespension units and
wheels, or, a bigger one with Ford back axel and drum brakes, there
are a lot about, with an mild steel angle frame and either plank or
ply base and sides. I can weld it all up and do one a week if I keep
it simple. Fill with other junk to sell and take it to our Car Boot
sale every week.

My time is not worth much and I have a good workshop and room. Do
trailer have MOTs?

Is there anything else I can fabricate to keep the wolf from the door?

Thanks, George.

Any comments would be appreciated.

There are Standards that you would have to meet if you were making them
for sale and you'd need indemnity insurance.

In the next year or two a test for new trailers will also come into
force (Google IVA trailers for more info.)

SteveW