Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default Are my window handles interchangeable?

On Mar 3, 2:49*pm, MM wrote:

This is why I want to fit a lockable handle! One from upstairs, which
is NOT mentioned in the policy. I can swap the handles and save myself
a tenner, plus I can be sure that the design is the same.

That's my point - even though you may wish to fit a lockable handle
with whatever security it may bring (probably none) then I would not
tell declare to the insurance company that all your windows are
lockable as there is an implication that they will always be locked.
Are you certain they always will be? I don't think the risk is worth
the £10 discount....

Mathew