Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Tax

On 03/03/11 08:10, Steve Firth wrote:
wrote:

I moved my business to the Isle of Man,for tax accounting. although i now
spend a lot of time away in the sun i still love this green and pleasant
land too much to leave permanently.

But you don't love it enough to pay your dues. Like some it seems you
want the best of both worlds.

I do pay my dues, but now to where *I* want them to go.

This all came about two years ago when i was trying to get home care for
a friend with a terminal illness who wanted to die at home.
Health care for people in the type of position is almost non-existent in
England yet my taxes were going to support the meddling in Afghanistan
and overseas aid to Russia, India, China, to the tune of billions of
pounds.(Britain despite all the proposed cuts in services at home is
still spending a larger proportion of national income on overseas aid
than any other G8 nation)

My 20% tax now goes to the Isle of Man which i think is deserving and is
my overseas aid,
the remanding saved tax is donated and split between a local Hospice
and the Macmillan Cancer Support charity in the UK.

And if you are goign to use this field in the headers of your post:

Tuff if you don't like it, you know what to do.

-