Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DC permanent magnet motors: brushed vs. brushless

"Existential Angst" fired this volley in
:

It seems that the older DC treadmill motors, altho rated lower in
power than modern treadmill motors, pack a lot more punch to them.
No surprise.

I dunno. I just snagged a PM motor from a six-year-old treadmill that's
rated at 2HP, and it has mountains of torque at virtually zero speed.
About the only thing "ugly" about it is the bearings aren't the best. That
can be remedied.

LLoyd