Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Tax (was Ron Hickman dies)

In article , Huge
scribeth thus
On 2011-03-02, Dave wrote:
On 21/02/2011 22:48, Andy Champ wrote:

Big snip

For next tax year the highest marginal tax rate will be 65.8%. And if
you think it's fair to tax the rich - remember that unlike the rest of
us, they can up sticks and leave, taking their money with them.

I drink with someone who reckons he is worth a million pounds and he
says both he and his wife want for nothing. They change cars everytime
the guarantee runs out and has owned some impressive cars in the past.
Aston Martin, Alvis etc.

He's probably worth rather more than a million pounds, then.

Well I know a few who are worth around 40, 95, and 180 million and I
wouldn't say they are any happier than the average Joe on the
streets;!...
--
Tony Sayer