Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Tax (was Ron Hickman dies)

On 21/02/2011 22:48, Andy Champ wrote:

Big snip

For next tax year the highest marginal tax rate will be 65.8%. And if
you think it's fair to tax the rich - remember that unlike the rest of
us, they can up sticks and leave, taking their money with them.

I drink with someone who reckons he is worth a million pounds and he
says both he and his wife want for nothing. They change cars everytime
the guarantee runs out and has owned some impressive cars in the past.
Aston Martin, Alvis etc.

He is a very nice man and never flaunts his wealth. He is out in Tobago
at the moment, but when he comes in for a pint, we always have a very
good chat and laugh about the old days and that is very important to
him. Me as well, if I admit it. He is 89 and I will be 65 this year.

Dave