Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:34:02 -0600, Markem
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 07:42:25 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Try a rational ploy next time...or do the research and come up with
the same data I did. I gave up hating handguns after finding the
truth. Give it a try. Loving is much better than hating.

Yeah but my biggest problem with legal guns is the owners who buy one
to have protection and do not get the proper training. Shooting in a
combat situation requires practice.

I hear that. But most states require at least a basic handgun safety
course before they'll issue licenses.

I have no problem with concealed carry, but if you are going to carry
you damn well better practice.

Now a good way to show someone what is required is to give them a
paintball gun and play a bit. After a few welts it might occur to them
you could end up dead in a shoot out.

Sounds like good training. My carry course wasn't as detailed as I've
heard some states require. 5 or 6 hours of class plus proof that we
can hit a torso-sized piece of cardboard at 15 yards.

A postcard just came from www.frontsight.com/liberty-tree2.asp which
sells nice training package memberships for $300. $5k-$20k+ worth for
that price. I'm really tempted this time, but getting to LV is a PITA.
You can take any or all of these courses as many times as you like for
life: 2 Day Defensive Handgun, 4 Day Defensive Handgun, Two Day
Tactical Shotgun; Two Day Practical Rifle. Sucha deal!

--
The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.
-- Okakura Kakuzo