Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Oh, To Be a Teacher in Wisconsin -- How can fringe benefits cost nearly as much as a worker's salary? Answer: collective bargaining

On 2011-03-02, Edward A. Falk wrote:
The public pays for the teachers' retirement fund only in the sense that
the teachers are public employees and thus *all* their compensation
comes from public funds. Retirement plans, health care, vacation are
all part of their negotiated compensation.

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/03/01...e-big-wis.html

What's happening in Wisconsin is just good old-fashioned union-busting
on behalf of the Koch brothers.

It may also be a smokescreen and a diversion of public attention, away
from proposed selling of Wisconsin utility rights to the governor's
benefactors Koch Brothers.

This whole libertarian movement is truly deserving of the term
"libtard", and includes clueless underpaid idealists, led from behind
the curtains by the likes of Koch Brothers and other "moneyed
interests".

No. You don't say? You mean that middle-income folks who favor eliminating
taxes on corporations, 15% income taxes on long-term investments, and
unregulated trading of unexplained derivatives have been hoodwinked? Say it
ain't so! g

--
Ed Huntress

"There's class warfare, all right, but it's my class, the rich class, that's
making war, and we're winning." -- Warren Buffet, the Sage of Omaha