Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default OT Safety Deposit Box (at a bank)

On 3/1/2011 8:14 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 1 Mar 2011 19:47:10 -0500, (Bob R) wrote:

Does anyone in the group have a safety deposit box at a local bank? Or
had one in the past?

I checked at a local bank here (Upstate N.Y.) if it matters. The one
thing I don't like about it, is you don't get any kind of receipt for
what you put in it. Also, the bank says only the person who has the box
has a key to it. The only way the bank could get into it is if the
rental fee is not kept current.

So, good or bad idea to get one? Any opinions and or comments will be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bob

I have a key for mom's bank deposit box and a Power of Attorney. I'm
on the "okay to fly list". The bank has a signature card of the
owner and signatures of those allowed entry. She and I have one key
each.

The alternative is to hide cash under the mattress.

I would think another alternative is a good safe.