Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael B Michael B is offline

Default Toilet install question - UPDATE

On Mar 1, 8:05*pm, yo wrote:
On Mar 1, 7:39*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

yo wrote:
On Mar 1, 10:06 am, Evan wrote:
On Feb 26, 11:18 am, yo wrote:

On Feb 24, 7:55 pm, Evan wrote:

On Feb 24, 6:09 pm, yo wrote:
On Feb 23, 10:43 am, Evan wrote:

LOL... Lowe's isn't going to do anything about the install,
because you allowed the "technician" to leave after it was
completed...
snip
snip
You could have gotten to exactly the same place buy
selecting and purchasing your toilet like you did and
calling a plumber to have it done right the first time and
you wouldn't have wasted all your time and energy dealing
with your "bargain" install from the home center...

Chalk it up to a lesson learned I guess and move on...

~~ Evan

Right... now go out and *buy* and USE a dictionary.

LOL...

And just *which* words do you think I misspelled ?

~~ Evan

Sorry, my mistake. *I assumed you could read.

There were no misspelled words in his post. Nor mistakes in grammar.
You could have gotten to exactly the same place buy
selecting and purchasing your toilet like you did and

One of the guys on here I thought I'd never disagree with and over
such a trivial matter, but I didn't say there was anything
misspelled. *There is however a mistake in the use of the word "buy".
A dictionary would have made clear that distinction.

Perhaps someone can clarify something for me.
Why would the original installer not have simply
sat on the toilet to engage the wax ring? Oversized
or not, if it was at room temperature it should have
been pressed down, with the extra wax filling more
of the space.
The "plumber" was a knuckle-dragger.