Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Shall we license epoxy by the gram? What do you think of $25/yr for
the license to allow you to obtain it, then ten cents a gram? I think
we need to license epoxy stir sticks, too.

Feeble, brain dead comparisons. Over and over you come up with the dumbest
examples in some inane attempt to argue your need for a gun. Licensing a
firearm is not a ridiculous idea (except in your feeble mind) as compared to
your epoxy example. On no level are they comparable (except in your feeble
mind). On what exact level of reasoning does one compare a glue product to a
weapon? I know. The next time I visit Home Depot, I'm going to go armed
because some mad shopper might use a bottle of epoxy to attack me. Better I
go armed so I can protect myself because the police won't do it.

How about your other argument. "When someone breaks into my home and they
have a gun, I can protect myself". Has it ever happened to you? Has it ever
happened to others you know? Next you'll be telling everybody how it's
happened to dozens of your neighbours. BULL****!

I've never been robbed at gunpoint, knifepoint or even at epoxy bottle
point, yet I live in Canada's largest city. Neither has anybody I know and I
know quite a few people. While taking reasonable precautions is certainly a
good idea, the fact is that the vast majority of people don't live in your
conjured, horrific little world. At least they don't in Canada. Maybe, your
vaunted USA is different? ~ It was a perfectly fine and generally safe place
to visit the times I've travelled down to the US.

If that's the type of society you live in, then you can have it. No one I
know would live in a place where they were so terrified that they had to be
armed at all times. Why don't you admit it? You want to have a gun only
because it's a right given you and for no other reason. That I can
understand. All your fear mongering about your need to be protected does is
tell people that your country is a dangerous hell hole that no sane person
would want to live in. Is that how you'd like potential visitors to think
about the USA?