Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_17_] Josepi[_17_] is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

One thing becomes apparent. All the wonderful gun support quotes are eons
old when guns actually meant something other than a way to have an accident.

---
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
How would the gun grabbers feel if their neighbors put up signs like
this? titter
http://rense.com/1.imagesH/houseguns.jpg

Also from that page: --snip--
Great pro-gun quotes!

€œGun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped
and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet
wound.€ - L. Neil Smith

€œGun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters.
I want you to have nothing. I'm a bad guy; I'm always gonna have a
gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll
pull the trigger. We'll see who wins.€ - Sammy "The Bull" Gravano,
whose testimony convicted John Gotti

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are
criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the
highest murder rates. Its quicker to pull your Smith and Wesson than
to dial 911 if youre being robbed." - Lieutenant Lowell Duckett,
President of Black Police Caucus, Special Assistant to Washington,
D.C. Police Chief

€œI am convinced that we can do to guns what we've done to drugs:
create a multi-billion dollar underground market over which we have
absolutely no control.€ - George L. Roman

€œThey have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in
Cuba. So why do they want to come here?€ - Paul Harvey, 1994

€œThis year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized
nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our
police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the
future!€ - Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

€œGun registration is a gateway drug.€ - Mark Gilmore

€œThose now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them
over to the local police authority. Firearms and ammunition found in a
Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without
compensation. Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions
will be punished with imprisonment and a fine.€ - Nazi Law
(Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons), 1938

€œAmong the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will
look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the
blackest.€ - Mahatma Gandhi, in Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446

€œHe that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.€ - Luke
22:36 (King James Version)

€œSuppose the Second amendment said "A well-educated electorate being
necessary for self-governance in a free state, the right of the people
to keep and read books shall not be infringed." Is there anyone who
would suggest that means only registered voters have a right to read?€
- Robert Levy, Georgetown University Professor

€œ[We] should not blame a gun itself for any crime or any acts of
violence, any more than we can blame a pen for misspelling a word.€ -
Senator Wallace F. Bennett (R-UT), Congressional Record, 5/16/68

€œIt is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its
government.€ - Thomas Paine (1737-1809), American Revolutionary,
Founding Father and Author
--snip--

--
That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something
you've understood all your life, but in a new way.