Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default concrete patio

In article
,
" wrote:

On Mar 1, 1:08*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*Jeff Thies jeff wrote:

* One of the projects I've been considering at the rental house is a
patio. The frost line is only a few inches (Atlanta). It is a sizeable
slope and I'll need to do some terracing.

* *I'd like enough of a patio for a few chairs and a BBQ.

* *I've done patios out of brick and concrete blocks (location had a lot
of them), and they are fun to do. I have neither at this location and am
thinking concrete. I have no shortage of people available who have
concrete skills. Roughly, I want it to look decent, but not spend a lot
of money. Labor is cheap and fast and seems to be skilled, the stucco
and landing work I had done is very good.

* *Should I be thinking stamped and stained or casting pavers?

* *Ready Mix or bagged and a mixer?

* *Right now I'm just trying to get a feel before I get a crew together
and stake it out.

* *Jeff

I ripped out my concrete patio and built a wood deck. Much nicer.- Hide
quoted text -

hey you intentially created a maintence issue ?? you must like work.

I don't "maintain" my deck. It's con heart redwood. Lives outdoors
nicely. Doesn't need to be sanded and polished annually, that stuff is
for OCD people.