Posted to alt.home.repair
yo[_4_] yo[_4_] is offline

Default Toilet install question - UPDATE

On Mar 1, 10:25*am, "Ralph Mowery" wrote:
"Evan" wrote in message

That depends on his batting average...
If the "plumber" in question has done 100 installs for Lowe's and
this is the first complaint then a 1% error ratio has still made
lots of install sales dollar volume for Lowe's...
Never assume that one complaint is enough to punch someone's
ticket...
~~ Evan

When just getting one or two complaints, that should not be enough to worry
about. *There are some people that you just can not please.
Same way if only a few jobs have been done, *Some will give good reviews to
shotty work, or maybe he did a good job for the first few just to get good
reviews.

In defense of this Lowe's, which seems to have a pretty good
reputation of working with customers, they said this plumber has been
doing work for them for 14 years. I had checked him out on the state
website and found that he is licensed and has had no complaints filed
with the state, so I decided to go with them. The installer that did
the original job seems to have just lacked the experience to recognize
what was necessary to do the job right. I am guessing that most
toilet installations are pretty straightforward with few challenges
that might result in problems. The installer did tell me however,
when I pressed him about the job that he did, that he had seen "lots"
of installs like the one I got. So maybe there are lots of people
out there who haven't discovered this site and just accept what
they're given.