Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Loft condensation

On 28 Feb,
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

Another option is replacing the ceilings, but taking down two large
lath and plaster ceilings is not something I like the idea of, and
overboarding always seems to me like a bit of a bodge.

How about painting the ceilings with an oil based impermiable paint. When I
did my extension the drylined surfaces were painted with gyproc drywall
topcoat as a vapour check coat. Don't know how effective it is, haven't had
any damp in the loft other than when the whole roof was iced up externally
and then thawed, leaking through nail holes in the sarking. Sometime soon I'm
going to have to strip off one quadrant of the roof to find the leak. Not
this weather though.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply