Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Wash walls from bottom up or top down??

On 3/1/2011 7:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
The explaination I heard. I don't believe it, but here's how
it went. Washing top to bottom, the water running down into
the dirty wall mixes with the dirt, and makes a mixture
that's hard to clean off. When washing bottom up, it's
really easy to see the drips, and wipe them off the clean
area. I was told that by a woman, years ago. I don't think
that makes sense.

Me, I'd clean from top to bottom. That way I don't have
dribbles messing up the clean area I just did.

This is exactly what my mother used to say and do when she lived in
a house located in a very dirty factory area. In this house, 1 year
and the walls were filthy. One wipe of the rag or sponge, and you
could literally see a major color change. She always said that if
the dirty water drips on the already clean area, you can easily wipe
it clean. However, my houses have been in relatively clean
environments, so I really don't think it makes a difference in my case.