Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Wash walls from bottom up or top down??

mm wrote:

Wash walls from bottom up or top down??

I always go from top to bottom. [Disclaimer; 90% of the time I'm just
prepping for a paint job.]

For decades I've read that when washing walls, start at the bottom,
and I've never understood it.

Pure theory here-- If you start at the bottom, it will be easy to see
when the drips from where you are washing start to be clear,
indicating that your wall is really clean.

Now I have to wash a wall, and I need someone to explain it to me, to
convince me that that is the proper way.

Seems to me if you start at the bottom and get it clean, there will be
dirt running down the wall onto the clean part as soon as I get the
part above it wet. And I'll have to clean the bottom parts over and
over again.

Do one wall from the bottom up. Do another from the top down. Does
one seem easier? Ask your most honest friend to tell you which wall
looks better.

I'd never heard of washing from the bottom up-- but I'd be interested
in the results.

Jim