Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge temperatures, old thread wasn't clear enough.

I work on refrigerated equipment. And, I've checked that
temperature using infared non contact thermometer. I'd
expect to see between 130 and 170F. Depends on a lot of
things. A warm fridge, just plugged in, could be discharging
closer to 200F.

Of course, several other questions came to mind. But, that's
a start.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mike" wrote in message
My original posting appears to have been too
general. Let me tighten the parameters.

I have a 2008 model Kenmore refrigerator with top
freezer.

I have no experience with these newfangled high-deficiency
R134a units.

If I were to attach an ACCURATE digital thermocouple meter
to the
pipe exiting the compressor heading for the condenser,
about two inches from the compressor and let the system
run for ten minutes at an ambient temperature of 60F,

Here's the QUESTION:
What temperature should I measure?????
End of SINGLE question.

A single number satisfies the question, but additional
context relevant to system operating temperatures in
old vs new technology would be helpful.

Yes, I have more questions, but I'm hoping I can get
at least one answered to help determine if my fridge is
going south.
Thanks, mike