Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default Loft condensation

On Feb 28, 11:34*pm, (Andrew Gabriel)
wrote:
In article ,
* * * * robgraham writes:

I know this is going slightly off topic, but why, Andrew, do you see
overboarding as a bodge ? *I have an L & P ceiling that is cracked,
has been for the 40 years we've been here, and I'm about to strap it
with suitable timber framing and board *it. *What's wrong with that?

I guess I'm just too much of an anal perfectionist.

The existing L&P ceiling seems to be a bit heavy for the joist size/span.
From memory, I think they're 3x2's and probably about 4m long.
It sags now, but not noticably when you're in the room. I would be a bit
concerned how much sag would be added.

--
Andrew Gabriel

OK, that's reasonable. My joists are 15 ft 8x3's. Don't think I've a
problem. Sorry to go OT :/

Rob