Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default purpose of arrows under floor tile

On Feb 28, 3:40*am, "DanG" wrote:
Direction arrows are common on ceiling tiles, some flooring,
carpet squares, etc. *As these materials go through their
finishing stages, paints and dyes may not be consistent across the
face of the product. *It can make a lot of difference on a large
area - one turned the wrong way with all others correct can really
show up. *It is a cosmetic thing, not a glue thing.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DanG

"Mikepier" wrote in message

Anyone know what the purpose of the arrows under peel and stick
floor
tile is for? I'm ready to do my basement floor, and just for a
test I
laid out some tiles and noticed thes arrows. The directions
don't say,
but I read online they should point in the same direction. But I
could
not notice any difference as far as the way it looks. If I
randomly
scatter the tile, it looks the same.
Does it have something to do with the glue?- Hide quoted text -

For carpet squares it is a must that the arrows are followed. That
ensure the 'lay' of the carpet is all in one direction. The 'lay' is
the way the carpet is tied and is why a throw rug on carpet will
"walk" one direction but no other.

Harry K