Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge temperatures???

"mike" wrote

I noticed that my ice cream was softer than usual.
Freezer temp was 23F, Fridge at 45F.

Air blowing into the freezer compartment is -3F.
That seems high for a system that should run near
zero in the freezer compartment.

Ambient is 55F in the kitchen...no I don't heat it
and 61F behind the fridge when it's running.

Anything else I should check before calling service?
Or am I just worrying too much???

Thanks, mike

Be sure the evaporator fan is running properly and you are getting the right
air flow.

I've read, but have no proof, that too cold of an ambient air can cause a
refrigerator to not cool properly. If there is any truth to that, you'd
need a good AC guy to explain it.