Posted to sci.electronics.repair
boardjunkie1 boardjunkie1 is offline

Default Adding RGB input to Sony Trinitron

On Feb 28, 10:50*pm, wrote:
On Feb 28, 1:19*pm, boardjunkie1 wrote:

On Feb 27, 8:04*pm, boardjunkie1 wrote:

On Feb 27, 6:49*pm, Adrian C wrote:

On 27/02/2011 19:11, boardjunkie1 wrote:

Ok, I've been looking at the datasheet for the jungle chip and it
appears I can use the set of unused RGB inputs. I'm a little foggy
about the select line tho (YS1). They left it floating, so to select
that set of inputs what is it looking for? Just a logic level H or L?

Top of Page 9, description for Pin 25?
More than 0.7V switches the input on.

However, there is an I2C register detailed on Page 22 - RGB SEL (1):
"Disables YS1 switch selection and prohibits external signal input from
RGB1"

If that's set (and it probably is_, then you'll have to find a way to
unset that. EEPROM hacking? dunno.

Seems, there is a pin compatible jungle chip, the CXA2060AS which works
for PAL sets that will have SCART RGB on those same inputs.http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/c.../pdf/a2060.pdf

A bit of googling should find you a european Sony set that uses that
chip and then ... etc....

(Can't take all the fun away from your expedition!... :-)

--
Adrian C

Ok, good to know. If the extra RGB input idea doesn't pan out I can
always inject the color signals at the RGB outputs on the jungle chip
via the RGB amp I had to build to get the video V levels up to where
the arcade monitor wanted to get good color saturation and black level.- Hide quoted text -

Just an update. The extra set of RGB inputs on the jungle chip *was*
disabled in software. I got nothing there. So I just injected color
inputs at the RGB output pins. So its up and runnin', just some minor
tweaks to be done. Thanks everyone for the info....

Glad to see you got it going. I'm sorry I assumed you didn't know what
you're doing. Congratulations.

G²- Hide quoted text -

No harm done. It looks pretty damn good as of now, but I think the
bottleneck may be the RGB amp I built. I may look into an IC based
circuit that is a little more elegant than what I threw together from
whatever I could rob out of junk boards.