Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Odd; Festool price display policy at Woodcraft- Baltimore

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:50:24 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:32:51 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 2/27/2011 6:39 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Over the Holidays Lowes had the Bosch 18V Impact driver and 18V drill
for
$200. I use the 12V more often, but the 18V sure came in handy driving
some
#10x4" screws.

How do you like it?

I love it. The 12V version was an eye-opener. I'll never use a drill to
drive a screw again.

I kinda thought that way but when it comes to furniture and the smaller #7
pocket hole screws and regular square drive #8 going into hard wood you can
very easily split the wood if you put a little too much on it. I still
prefer the drill driver for applications where too much torque might screw
things up. For rough application where appearance at the screw location is
not a factor the impact sees a lot of action.

Yeah, the impactors are designed for construction applications, but
once you use one for awhile, you get to know their trigger/torque
factors and can control them fairly well.

For predrilled holes, I'd still use a drilldriver on furniture.

--
Invest in America: Buy a CONgresscritter today!