Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28206 Ignoramus28206 is offline

Default Mounted the knee motor

On 2011-02-27, RogerN wrote:
Just wondering, what about driving the knee up and down with a power supply
and reversing contactor.

That works.

It won't position real accurate but the error could be taken care of
with Z axis coordinate offset. It seems as long as you could read
the position accurately you wouldn't have to position both knee and
quill accurately. If the knee positions a little off, the quill
could compensate. It would save you a drive and installation maybe.

Well, what I know by now is that the drive works just fine.

Furthermore, with the motor connected to PPMC DAC output number 3
(fourth), if I set ppmc.0.DAC.3 to +10, -10, or 0, the knee moves
as expected.

What I have yet to make work correctly, is to make EMC output to DAC 3
when a change in W is commanded. I thought that I did everything
right for it to do that, but it does not yet work.