Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Moving a Disabled Car

"Jordan" wrote in message
pond.com...
I had a problem with some stranger who habitually parked in my spot in an
underground carpark, ignoring polite notes left under his/her windscreen
wiper not to do it.
I had to do something about it, but didn't want to mark the car if
possible. The answer was 2 trolley jacks - one under the rear
differential, one under the engine cross-member. With a friend, it was
remarkably easy to move it out of my bay. In fact, it was so easy, we
moved it to the far end of the carpark and placed it out of sight around a
corner. I made particular efforts so it was difficult to access, without
the trolley jacks. So there it was, unscratched and wedged between some
columns.
I never had the car in my spot again. Hope I messed with his mind a bit,
too.

You sound like someone who would appreciate a prank we pulled on a
(disliked) teacher in high school. We had a light pole and a flag pole on
school grounds that were spaced apart exactly the length of an Austin-Healey
3000 (which he drove), plus maybe 2 inches. So about a dozen of us picked up
his car and placed it neatly between the poles.

It was still there at 9:00 PM that day, but it was gone the next morning. We
never did find out how he got it out of there. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress