Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Metal, US history & electronics!

newshound wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icrr6lZBMuQ

excellent video!

No comment on the video, but sorry to dissent, I recall listening to VOA
as an unsophisticated teenager in England in the 1960s, and considering
it to be laughable; no less so than the Eastern Bloc broadcasts. I
didn't have much access to SW kit in those days, so was probably
listening to MW broadcasts after dark, perhaps from Germany.

I'm not saying that the BBC World Service doesn't broadcast propaganda,
but at least it's a bit more subtle......

I listened to most all of the shortwave broadcasts from all over the
globe. It was very interesting to see how each nation would have a
completely different report on the happenings of the day. BBC,
Reuters, VOA, radio Moscow, Radio Netherlands, Berlin Germany, and a
bunch of others. I had a FRR-24 and a FRR--33 as well as a couple of
28 KSR's and ASR's that I used.

John