Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Moving a Disabled Car

On 02/28/2011 04:43 PM, Stuart Wheaton wrote:
On 2/28/2011 7:12 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
On 02/28/2011 03:13 PM, Pete Snell wrote:
Would replacing the wheel with the 'donut' spare tire get you enough
clearance to roll?

Y'know, the neat thing about polling the group for ideas is that y'all
tell me things that I'd toyed with, but forgotten. Yes -- it's worth a
try. The steering is borked, but rolling and not steering is a lot
better than not rolling.

You might even get added clearance by putting the wheel on inside out,
so it dishes away from the hub... Depends on whether the interference is
sheet metal or suspension components...

The update on that is that it's too borked to get even a compact spare on.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services