Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

Doug Winterburn wrote in
.com:

On 02/28/2011 06:41 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in
:

Han wrote:

It may take only a second or to exchange a magazine, but a Glock
is reported to be able to shoot more than one round per second, so
there is a pause in the shooting when exchanging magazines.
Moreover the apparently easy availability of these huge magazines
to persons who should not even have a firearm of any kind is proof
enough for me that it is irresponsible to have them available.
Just like it is irresponsible for a gun dealer to state that it is
illela but this is how you make a semiautomatic gun/rifle into a
fully automatic one.

There IS a line to be drawn somewhere.

Here we have a case of carnage involving a large-capacity magazine.
You would outlaw these devices because there was ONE event in
recorded history of their misuse. In essence, you would penalize
thousands to prevent a VERY rare event.

A pitiful mindset indeed.

Indeed a line to be drawn. There is no real use for the large
capacity magazines other than to spray many rounds real fast. Ergo,
either prohibit or limit their sale. Indiscriminate distribution is
wrong. It really is that simple.

Here was one good reason:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/45130...This+is+just+t
o+cool+not+to+spread+around

Yes that was (past tense) a good reason. Nowadays in my daily routines
and on vacation, I do not go anywhere where such an attitude (which I
think was a very good one) is still necessary.

--
Best regards
Han