Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dan dan is offline

Default Moving a Disabled Car

Tim Wescott wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:30:17 -0800:

1999 Honda in driveway. It's in perfectly good shape
#1 son scraped the side off of a
couple of months ago. I need to get it under cover so I can
maybe even get some work done on it

But the left
front suspension is mangled enough that the wheel won't roll.

What kind of equipment have you got?

I once dragged my neighbors car with my Jeep, to keep it from being
towed (too close to a driveway). I used a chain to the front hooks on
the jeep to the towing loop under their front bumper. The height
difference between the two points caused weight to be added to the
Jeep and lessened on the car.

Could you put a makeshift "ski" under the errant wheel, and drag it
over sand or gravel placed ahead of it?
Got any dollies around?

got any wood around? You might make a sled that would ride on a
greased 2X4.

Could you take the diagonally opposite wheel off and load the trunk to
make it teeter on two wheels?

--

Dan H.
northshore MA.