Posted to alt.home.repair
diadkinson diadkinson is offline

Default radon mitigation system

I recently installed a new sump pump in my basement and also a radon
mitigation system. The radon pipe that vents thru the basement wall to
the outside is about 6 or 7 feet away from the sump pump. The sump pump
is sealed. The radon fan is outside. The exterior radon pipe is not
capped.

It\'s been raining pretty heavily. I hear gurgling sounds in the radon
pipe. The meter on the radon pipe appears the same as always.

I noticed the concrete floor is a little wet around the sump pump. Is the
sump pump not working as it should, causing the radon system to be sucking
water instead of radon gas?

I hate to get caught between the sump pump company and the radon company
as to whose \"owns\" the problem - if it is a problem?

thanks diadkinson