Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Five dolaar ObamaGas by summer $5

Ed Huntress wrote:
"CaveLamb" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
Forget the heat. A 5" sphere of Pu 239 is roughly a critical mass. g

Of course, the waste product from a breeder reactor contains several
isotopes of plutonium, which have various effects that are beyond my
understanding, but I wouldn't want to be on the same planet with a 25'
cube of it.

A 25 foot cube would be the breath of hell...

The fast breeders produce more Pu 239, according to some sources I've read.
But all of the science in those layman's descriptions is so dumbed-down for
us layers that I don't really know what the story is. We do dispose of
weapons-grade Pu 239 by somehow oxidizing it and melting it with
borosilicate glass. Again, this is not something to try at home. d8-)

At this time, yes, I think it is the best we can do.

Contain. Separate. Stabilize.