Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Loft condensation

Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

[snip]

Another interesting observation. In the loft is a large metal tray,
4' x 3' (originally the side from a 19" rack). It was originally
supported above the new insulation, but the insulation has expanded
a bit since laying, and was now touching the bottom. There is a
little condensation on the bottom of this, which implies some
moisture is working it's way through the ceiling, which is lath
and plaster at that point, but not cracked. I still find it hard
to believe all the moisture in the loft is coming from the house
though.

Are you saying that you have no vapour barrier underneath the
insulation? and that it's jut lath, plaster and rockwool there, alone?

Arrrhhh, are you saying there should be something? So you don't just put
the fibre-glass or whatever between the joists and run away?

Oh dear...well you CAN but then you get..wet rafters..

I think we know know why...the real discussion issue is 'what is the
simplest way to fix it?

..