Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

Larry, I don't accept wanting to have such a magazine as a valid
reason. In my really seriously considered opinion it is irresponsible
to even think that, let alone state it. To me it is the same as
saying I want to have the recipe and the ingredients for making a
nuclear device.

How do you consider it in any way irresponsible for a "normal" person
to want or to own a magazine like that? You do understand that it in
and of itself is not dangerous... Lots of people seek things like
this just for the mechanical aspect of it, the uniqueness of it, etc.
It strikes me as odd that you come down so strongly on something like
this. It does not make sense - as has been pointed out, a pocket full
of 10 round magazines are equally as threatening.

It may take only a second or to exchange a magazine, but a Glock is
reported to be able to shoot more than one round per second, so there is
a pause in the shooting when exchanging magazines. Moreover the
apparently easy availability of these huge magazines to persons who
should not even have a firearm of any kind is proof enough for me that it
is irresponsible to have them available. Just like it is irresponsible
for a gun dealer to state that it is illela but this is how you make a
semiautomatic gun/rifle into a fully automatic one.

--
Best regards
Han