Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why does this happen?

On 2/27/2011 3:01 PM AE Todd spake thus:

Back around 2002, I painted a bedroom with a water-based eggshell
enamel. At the bottom of one wall, where the wall meets the trim,
something is leaching out and running down the trim. It is water
soluble, I can wipe it away. See the link below for the image.
Anyone know why this happens?

http://img571.imageshack.us/i/image0144.jpg/

Hmm, interesting. (strokes chin meditatively)

In order for something to run down the trim like that, there has to be
water about. The question you really want to answer is, where is that
water coming from? Condensation on the walls? A leak inside the wall?
Plumbing? Roof?

Find the source of the water and that'll point you to the solution of
your problem. Probably doesn't matter *what* is leaching out ...

--
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet