Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Welcome To Big Time Politics

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:34:15 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Feb 27, 2:41Â*pm, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

I realize that - but you kept repeating that as if the size of the magazine
really means anything. Â*Take it out of the picture and any shooter could
just as easily stick 3 ten round magazines in his pocket. Â*It takes a second
or two to pop one and insert the new one. Â*Though it sounds like a 30 round
magazine actually means something, it really doesn't.

What justification could there ever be for a 30 round mag?

Biker gang (or herd of looters, or even a swarm of Alaskan mosquitoes)
pulls into your driveway. Whaddya do?

a) Lousy shot?

Muslim Spray and Pray?

b) "Necessary" because the threat is _that_ ominous? (Which would
make me think that another choice of weapon might be better?)

Verily, but who are you guys to tell me how to face my situations?
Maybe the guy burst into my home and the 33 Glock was the first thing
into my hand. What if Barry sent our troops into Sarnia?

c) Some guy decided to manufacture those 30 round mags because he knew
some idiot would feel the need to buy one?

Seriously... why? Wouldn't it be better to pack TWO Glocks and hold

Oh, no. You'll need the other hand to dial 911. Let the cops save you
in a couple hours.

them sideways when firing after you've turned your ballcap around 90°?
Maybe a 30-round mag is a fashion statement to the romanticized
gangbangers?

Yeah, isn't Hollywood realistic?

Personally, if I can't eliminate a threat in 10 rounds, why would I
even bother to carry a gun?

Peace of mind for the other 99.999 possible threats?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London